Eric Barocca, CEO Nuxeo
Eric started by giving the helicopter overview of the Nuxeo platform and the Nuxeo company the highlights of which are:
- Nuxeo Platform – Platform for building Content centric applications
- Software is fully open source
- Nuxeo company supports customers that wish to create and deploy applications using Nuxeo
- Company Growth in last year:
- Doubling of connect subscriptions
- Tripling of Downloads
- Tripling of community activity
- Release of Nuxeo 5.6
- US revenue grew x3 in 2012
After the overview there was a drill down into a number of customer Use cases:
- Generali – Worldwide procurement system aimed at saving $50Million per annum by sharing content
- Netflix – Store manage, and distribute all Movie images and trailers for the Netflix site. Includes image approval with Movie studios before publication
- FICO – Case management system for Credit card fraud. Once the automated system picks up suspicious activity a case is created and managed by humans. This business process is handles in Nuxeo
- Michelin – All images and point of interest information for publication in guides and oin the web. Management of collaboration and workflow of the content
- NFI (Netherlands Forensic Institute) – real world CSI! Case management system for forensic evidence content. Collaboration across areas of the policing system
- Jeppesen – Flight information for pilots. Distribute pilot information for Airport details and other vital information. Nuxeo system to enable easy update of content and delivery to 200,000+ iPads. Live updated when Pilots are in airport so they always have the latest information.
- US Navy – Nuxeo back end for 60% of applications. The platform stores the content securely and content delivered to applications using Web services
Emphasis that Nuxeo is not a file store, it is a platform for building content centric applications.
After the use cases, Eric give an overview of the newest Nuxeo release 5.6
- Project now over a million lines of code
- Platform is made up of components, only use what you need
- Auto testing on each change, full build run daily
- API fully backwards Compatible
- Content routing – workflow engine complete with Forms UI designer and visual designer
- Visual Page designer – build custom data centric forms
- Improved social collaboration, enable a wall to follow activity on a case for example
- Content diff – able to visually see differences between versions of content, both Meta data and content
- Document templating – create template in office app, and insert properties from Nuxeo
- Multi tenancy at the application level, this passed me by somewhat!
- Major core re-work to further improve the speed of the platform which scales to very large installations
- UI Level features
- Cloud controller for managing cloud apps
- Nuxeo Drive – Sync part of the repository to a local offline store to allow offline editing
- Mobile framework
All information in this post was gathered from the presenters and presentation. It does not reflect my opinion unless clearly indicated (Italics in parenthesis). Any errors are most likely from my misunderstanding a statement or imperfectly recording the information. Updates to correct information are reflected in red, but will not be otherwise indicated.
All statements about the future of Nuxeo products and strategy are subject to change at any time due to a large variety of factors.